Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Confessions of Mandatory God-Moments

It was one of "those weekends" this weekend. There was extra extra prep work for weekend services. Both sides of the family were in town for the long weekend. We had to have some plumbing work done at the house, which meant giving up most of Monday to wait for the plumber...and I didn't have any of my office materials with me that I needed for midweek. 

All of that leads up to this moment, 20 minutes before volunteers arrive for our Jr. High Ministry night...and I just finished getting ready. I was able to throw together a program in a day, but know that I can't expect much results from my efforts. 

This is where the tug-of-war in my mind grows: 
  • I hate this feeling, because I feel completely unprepared. 
  • I love this feeling, because I am so dependent on God.
I know that God lead me to this topic weeks and months ago, but putting together the actual message the day-of doesn't cut it in my mind. And so I am absolutely counting on God to use my words for His glory. And then I realize that I should do that no matter how much time I'm able to put into a message! 
Dear God, create in my heart and mind an attitude of utter dependence on you and your Spirit to move through my every action and word...no matter how much thought I've put into them. I'm givin' you all I got tonight...give me that Ephesians 6:10 power. 
ARR

No comments:

Post a Comment